– For biological and medical applications fluorescence microscopes are used to observe certain parts of living cells and tissues with help of fluorophores.
– One or more fluophores are added to the parts of the specimen to be observed.
– When the fluorophores are exposed to so-called exicitation light, the excitation energy is absorbed by the fluorophore that start emitting so-called emission light that can be observed by the microscope.
– One can distinguish tumor cells from other cells, follow biological processes or prove the presence or absence of antibodies, etc
– The excellent optics and mechanical components make the iScope a state-of-the art microscope that is suitable for fluorescence applications in Life Science and Biotechnical fields
The iScope fluorescence microscopy can be supplied with: (Options)
• 6-position rotating attachment with 100 W mercury vapor light source
• 3-position slider attachment with 100 W mercury vapor light source
• 1-position slider attachment with a 3 W NeoLED 465-475 nm blue light source
• 1-position slider attachment with a 3 W NeoLED 520-530 nm green light source